Ten Point Program for Living an Orthodox Life
Translating Orthodox Christian Ideals into Daily Life
(based on the program of Saint George Greek Orthodox Cathedral, 406 North Academy Street, Greenville, SC 29601)
Join Zoom Meeting on Wednesdays at 7pm: https://zoom.us/j/95242230685
Dates and Weekly themes below
- (Nov 4, 2020) 1. Praying Daily – Have a regular prayer rule that includes morning and evening prayer.
- (Nov 11, 2020) 2. Worshiping and Participating in Sacraments – Attend and participate in the Divine Liturgy receiving Holy Communion regularly as well as regular participation in Confession.
- (Nov 18, 2020) 3. Honoring the Liturgical Cycle of the Church – Follow the seasons of the church and participate in the fasts and feasts of the Church.
- (Dec 2, 2020) 4. Using the Jesus Prayer – Repeat the Holy name whenever possible throughout the day or night.
- (Dec 9, 2020) 5. Slowing Down and Ordering Your Life – Set priorities and reduce the stress and friction caused by a hurried life.
- (Dec 16, 2020) 6. Being Watchful – Give full attention to what you are doing at the moment.
- (Jan 6, 2020) 7. Taming the Passions – Overcome your habits, attachment to your likes and dislikes, and learn to practice the virtues.
- (Jan 13, 2020) 8. Putting Others First – Free yourself from your selfishness and find joy in helping others.
- (Jan 20, 2020) 9. Spiritual Fellowship – Spend time regularly with other Orthodox Christians for support and inspiration.
- (Jan 27, 2020) 10. Reading the Scriptures and Holy Fathers – Be inspired by the lessons of the Holy Scriptures, the wisdom of the Holy Fathers and the lives of the Saints of the Church.
Ten Point Program Class 1 – Pray Daily